Home » Do I Have ADD/ADHD? » Checklist For Girls
ADD/ADHD DIAGNOSTIC CHECKLIST FOR GIRLS
Additional questions for teenage girls:
- Does she daydream frequently?
- Does she have trouble getting started on her homework?
- Is she easily distracted from mundane activities?
- Does she forget things she's supposed to do?
- Does she seem resistant to reading for pleasure?
- Does she have trouble remembering multi-step instructions?
- Does she seem oversensitive and easily embarrassed?
- Is she generally disorganized?
- Is it a struggle to get her up in the morning?
- Does she often have a physical complaint, such as a headache or stomachache?
- Is she often late for school or other activities?
- Does she "march to the beat of a different drummer?"
- Does she usually stay up past her bedtime?
- Does she often lose or misplace items?
- Does she stay at the fringe of a large group activity?
- Does she sometimes wait until the last minute to go to the bathroom?
- Does she wish she had more friends?
- Does she often lose track of the time?
- Does she tend to be shy with her peers?
- Does she seem forgetful or absent-minded?
- Does she leave a trail of belongings throughout the house?
- Does she have a low frustration tolerance?
- Does she tend to interrupt conversation?
- Does she seem immature for her age?
- Does her teacher say she should "Speak up in class" and "Try harder?"
- Does she quickly become annoyed or irritable?
- Does she seem to overreact?
- Does she tend to put things off until later?
- Is she thrown off by transitions?
- Is she often defiant and argumentative?
- Is she accident prone?
- Does she have temper tantrums?
(Excerpts from Understanding Girls with AD/HD, Kathleen Nadeau, Ph.d., Ellen Littman, Ph.D., and Patricia Quinn, M.D., 1999)
- Are habits hard for her to develop?
- Does she seem stressed much of the time?
- Does she drink large quantities of caffeinated drinks?
- Does she engage in binge eating?
- Does she smoke cigarettes?
- Are you concerned about her judgment regarding drinking, driving, and sexuality?
- Does she tend to drop hobbies, interests, activities?
- Does she seem to have an exceptionally difficult time during her PMS week?